If you itemize deductions, you may be able to deduct some of the miscellaneous expenses you pay during the year. These miscellaneous deductions can be taken only if their total exceeds two percent of your adjusted gross income. Deductions include such expenses as the following:
* Unreimbursed employee expenses.
* Job hunting expenses (in your same line of work).
* Certain work clothes and uniforms.
* Tools needed for your job.
* Union or professional dues.
* Work-related travel and transportation (not commuting costs).